Is your quest for more leads and clients KILLING your sales?
If you’re reading this the chances are that you are working with Amy through Savvy Sexy Social (or Vlog Boss Studios) or are thinking about how vlogging can transform your business.
For that, kudos!
For most businesses adding value, demonstrating expertise, building credibility and establishing relationships through video marketing is a must.
It’s all about driving traffic to your site, right?
I imagine you are on a quest to build a database of prospective customers that will become paying advocates for your business. What if I told you there is a way to increase your bottom line without Needing to find hundreds of new prospects?
My good friend David Jehlen reminded me the other day of a conversation we had a while back. He said his jaw literally dropped when I mentioned to him that he, like most businesses, already had access to a set of lucrative “cash cows”. That was where the short and long term revenue was, not for now, in the jumping on the ‘chasing new clients mantra’.
Do you already know people and businesses that aren’t buying from you or helping you earn revenue?
These are oftentimes overlooked as 1) a valuable source of revenue and 2) as a future valuable asset of your business.
The challenge comes from knowing where to start with this eclectic list of names on a ‘piece of paper’.
The good news is that there are seven simple steps to follow to help turn these known people into valuable clients.
7 Steps to Optimize Your Assets AND Increase the Bottom Line
- Build a list – Take all the business cards, connections on social networks, excel lists and CRM contacts (if you have them) and put them in one list. If you have hundreds or thousands of contacts start with a portion of them. Ideally, your list will contain between 100 and 200 people.
- Pre-Qualify – Be ruthless and, based on what you know, approve only those you think might be potential leads (someone that could buy from you) to move forward in the process.
- Use CRM – upload this prequalified list into a CRM (there are free versions available that are easy to use) as ‘leads’. This may sound complicated, however, if you have created a nice, clean, excel list in step 1 this is actually a really simple step that will take a few minutes to complete.
- Establish Contact – Reach out to these people individually through phone, email, snail mail or collectively through an event, seminar or webinar. Introduce yourself in a ‘non-salesy’ way and establish the possibility of connecting with them.
- Connect – Continue the qualification process with those that are interested in learning more and update the CRM to indicate which people have been qualified.
- Request A Call to Action – For those that you feel you could sell to at this time, take a definitive step towards illustrating how you can help them and understanding their desire to learn more. (Note – most CRM have the option to ‘convert’ leads into accounts and prospects. This is the time to do this and to create an opportunity/potential with a potential $$ amount allocated next to their name.)
- Guide Them Through The Sales Cycle – If they have taken the steps illustrating their desire to learn more guide them through the sales process until they either step out (at which case keep in touch with them) or become a paying client.
Happy days! Simple, right?
I can appreciate that these 7 steps may create questions. That is understandable.
Oftentimes, it’s not the act of taking the steps of turning someone from a ‘name on a piece of paper’ to a paying client that is the problem. It, more often than not, is knowing what to do behind this that can maximize the chances of success.
To make these 7 steps become a reality and to optimize your assets there are 3 areas that I feel can help increase the bottom line.
Knowing ‘Who Makes You’
To take the first steps it is important to have clarity on who you do your best work for and who fits the profile of your ideal client and target market. This empowers you to qualify people and businesses and ensure you are spending your time with the right people.
Refining Your Processes
To seamlessly turn prospects into paying clients it is pivotal to have a defined sales and lead nurturing process in line with how you use CRM as a strategy, not just a data repository. It’s all about knowing what information to share with whom at what time and what questions to ask. If it’s a process then it’s something you can do time and time again.
Hunting & Gathering Effectively
To tie everything up and encourage the prospects to take the steps you desire it is important to have a) effective marketing content that is compelling and resonates with the target market and b) effective sales conversations through understanding the buyer psychology.
Addressing these 3 areas will enable the 7 simple steps to be executed in optimal fashion and you will go from having people that you already know becoming paying advocates for your business.
If you would like to learn more on this and what to do in addressing these areas I am holding a free 90 minute webinar where your questions will be answered.
You can learn more and register for the event to attend and/or receive a video recording here.