This weekend while attending Vidcon 2013, I had the opportunity to hang out with Nick Tran, social media lead for Taco Bell at their booth in the expo hall. It may seem like a weird brand to be presenting to video creators at a conference but in fact the company has been collaborating with the YouTube world for some time now, setting a great example for how you can also incorporate this strategy with your online presence.
Tune in to see what we discussed about Taco Bell’s video strategy as well as the social media platforms they’re using to communicate with their audience.
- Joining the YouTube community and finding ways to collaborate with video creators to better connect with their audience.
- Using Twitter as a way to communicate and listen to the brand’s fans rather than a platform for a soapbox of promotional activity. Notice how many @replies and retweets are displayed on Taco Bell’s account when you first visit.
- How YouTube and Twitter work together in terms of sharing and connecting alongside content.
- The power of nostalgia when posting to Facebook. Love how he calls Facebook the place to connect with “friends you already have”. How long have I been saying this?!
- And then of course the tough question of working in the food industry and responding to negative feedback. How does Taco Bell handle social disappointment?
Thanks to Nick for taking the time to share this valuable information. What do you think about Taco Bell’s social presence? Is there something you can see is clearly working for them that would work for you as well? Let’s talk about it in the comments and see what ideas we can come up with!
Your thoughts below…