One of my favorite online tools is the feature for this week’s Savvy Tuesday. IFTTT stands for “if this then that” and is a fantastic automation website. It brings together your favorite social networks, cloud storage apps, wearable technology, email, text messaging and so much more to automate various tasks that are not a good use of your time. The perfect personal assistant.
Watch IFTTT: The Personal Assistant You’re Looking For
- Daily wake up call at the same time everyday reading a motivational message I’ve programmed.
- All videos across my YouTube channels are automatically shared on my Tumblr page.
- All new blog posts across all of my websites are auto tweeted to my personal Twitter account.
- All of my Instagram photos are copied to my cloud sharing service, Google Drive.
- Text IFTTT and they will call me immediately to help me get out of awkward situations.
- Call IFTTT and the voicemail will become an mp3 sent to my email and will auto dictated as well.
- All events on my calendar will generate a text to my phone 30 minutes in advance.
- Daily text message every morning with the current weather.
Other great recipes to try:
- Archived articles from Pocket automatically sent to Buffer app. (Activate here!)
- When a new book is added to Kindle Top 100 Free eBooks, send me an email (Activate here!)
- Get an email when tomorrow’s forecast calls for rain (Activate here!)
- When Facebook profile picture changes, update Twitter profile picture (Activate here!)
Definitely check out the Browse section of IFTTT to see what other people’s recipes are doing. It will definitely help you come up with some great ideas that will help your every day work load.
And remember, RSS feeds are a great thing to know if you want to be able to accomplish more than what the channels allow you to do. Especially if you have multiple accounts of different channels because you can only activate one of each. Almost everything has an RSS feed. If you can find it, you can make a lot of great things happen.