Want to join us other fanboys and upgrade your Facebook profile before the general public? Follow these simple steps and you’ll be reminiscing about your social networking history in no time:
- While logged into Facebook, enter “Facebook Developers” into the search box and click the first result.
- Click the button in the upper right hand corner: “Create an App.“
- You’ll be prompted to fill in the “Name” and “Namespace” of your app. Just pick something. No one will ever see it.
- Now that you’ve created your app, look in the column on the left-hand side. Click “Open Graph“.
- Fill in the fields with whatever answers you want. (I used “People can watch a movie.”) Again, no one will see this. When you’re done, click “Get Started”.
- Click around and change some default settings for your imaginary app. None of this matters at all, it’s just the act.
- Click back to Facebook Home and you should find an invitation to Get the new Facebook Timeline.
- Your profile will not be live until you hit the “Publish” button at the top of your profile. This gives you an opportunity to play with the different options and settings before others see it.
That’s it! Enjoy the much more aesthetically pleasing Facebook before the majority of users! Keep in mind that only people who have the new profile can see your Timeline. Everyone else will see your profile in the old format.
And if you’d like to find out which of your friends has upgraded their accounts as well, head over to Facebook’s Timeline page which will have a list and more details about your new profile’s options.